Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Coffee Talk.

You might not believe it in this Starbucks-driven mocha-frappe-latte saturated world but I never drank coffee (not never, just never habitually or ritually) before I had a child. Not because I didn't like the taste but because I didn't want to have that vice. That whole don't-talk-to-me-before-I've-had-my-coffee attitude just never appealed to my general outlook on life and personality.

Well motherhood changed all that. I was just having that moment about three months in thinking "I don't know if I can go on like this" and then I turned to my husband and said "pass the coffee". This request was met with shock and disbelief. Nonetheless, he passed the coffee.

Something else you should know about me... if I'm going to do something, I like to do it right (my interpretation of right). And I like my milk foamy so when I discovered this little jewel in ikea I  was thrilled. And the price was right too ($2.99). I've seen others for way more (like $35 more). This was a sign.




So every morning, preferably during Iris's morning nap, I enjoy this...


...sprinkled with a little cinnamon.

Eat your heart out Starbucks!

Does anyone have a morning ritual that they started after becoming a mom? Out of necessity or maintaining of sanity?

BTW, I was not paid by ikea or anyone else for that matter to mention products. I just really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment