Thursday, June 30, 2011

2011 TDL: Checking In

Well here it is again with just a few more things checked off.


1. purchase mushroom growing supplies and make preparations for logs
2. pot rack for kitchen
3. organize phone and message center in kitchen
4. clean and organize under kitchen sink
5. purchase supplies for maple tapping for next spring
6. new couch for living room and general living room design
7. paint dining room
8. figure out a better situation for shoes/recycling by the front door
9. finish reorganizing and clean dressing room
10. clean windows
11. start and finish handmade gifts for Jenny, Helen, Becky, Melissa, Allison, Carol, Sarah and Pat.
12. new lighting for Iris's room
13. organize and backup iphoto
14. clean out pantry and wipe down shelves and bottles (ANTS!!!)
15. find and purchase vintage ceramic egg holder
16. sort through wardrobe and donate, trash or repurpose
17. learn one new knitting pattern
18. learn one new crochet pattern
19. paint giant urn and candle stick holders
20. finish mending and repurpose projects
21. plant salad greens, tomatoes and kitchen herbs
22. keep blog up to date
23. start etsy shop
24. buy more vintage and hand make more of our clothing
25. run in at least two 5k's 
26. organize baby's outgrown clothing

I crossed off #21 even though I didn't plant any salad greens. I have to let myself off the hook for that one. That window of opportunity was consumed with baby-learned-some-new-tricks-and-mommy-needs-to-babyproof time. I did get my herbs in and we were gifted a tomato plant. 

However, #26 is DONE. It actually took less time and containers than I thought (about an hour when you factor out the baby-chasing time). I was originally going to buy 8 containers but when I went to buy them I thought I better just start with 6. Storage is at a premium in this house so I have to be careful not to shoot myself in the foot by overpurchasing storage solutions. Sounds looney, right?
Anyway, this was my inspiration.


And now I have this...

It's hard to see the labels but they are in order of size. One container houses socks, bibs, boppy covers, bassinet sheets (all organic cotton), etc.
Six containers with room to grow (pun intended).
The purple bag on the right is the stuff I want to keep for either my sister, best friend or even for the nugget herself. There is a coveted Bob Marley onesie, the onesies people painted at my shower, things I personally purchased, amongst other things.


She's proofreading my labels. 







No comments:

Post a Comment