Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Farm to Table.

I mentioned that I was going to a farm to table dinner a few posts ago. My first event away from baby and husband since said baby was born. Just me and my girls. It was a lovely evening. Rain threatened to ruin it all but the gods were smiling on me and the rain cleared, the sun shone and even the bugs behaved themselves. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. Sitting in a lawn chair relaxing with a glass of champagne and dining on gorgeous food prepared with love on the very farm where it was grown (Blooming Glen Farm) has hardly been in the cards this past year.


In hindsight we probably should have brought local wine. Maybe next time.
Danielle sitting pretty.

Nothing says "farm to table" like a blue grass band.


We had burgers which came from the farm across the street with gorgeous brioche buns, wheat berry salad, fingerling potato salad with pickled wax beans, watermelon salad and locally made lemon verbena ice cream from oWowcow Creamery . Yummy!!!!

There were a ton of little kids running around and I can't wait until next year to bring Iris and some of her cousins who couldn't make it this year. But believe me I was grateful for the time away.

Thank you Zone 7 for hosting a wonderful event!

No comments:

Post a Comment