Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 9.


It's day 9 of my 10 day fast.
I'm beginning to think about what meals I will make for my three day acclimation back to food.
What have I learned from this fast?
What will my relationship with food look like?
Emotionally and physically, it has been a roller coaster ride.
I never knew what the day was going to bring.
Clarity?
Headache?
At times it was frustrating as I'm sure you can well imagine.
Most of all, it has been a wonderful learning experience and a blessing.
I have learned things that I will take with me through the rest of my life.
Connected with people that I hope to stay connected to.

An added bonus are the external physical changes.
I'm surprised when I walk past a mirror.
What happened to that stressed out mom with the bags under her eyes?
Who is this well rested person with the rosey cheeks?
I didn't track my weight loss because it really wasn't about that.
But I can tell you, I'm happy with it.

I don't know that I will ever do another 10 day fast. But it's not out of the realm of possibility.
I do plan on incorporating fasting into my yearly routine, however.
3 to 5 five days could suit me just fine.


Breakfast.

Dinner.


3 comments:

  1. jamie, i'm so happy to have shared this 10 day fast with you. it's been an interesting journey, hasn't it?! loving that you are well-rested and rosy-cheeked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. The feeling is mutual! I have learned so much from all of you. I have a hard time expressing what it is I'm trying to say on the facebook group for some reason. In the beginning it wasn't so hard but as the days went by I found myself with writer's block. It's easier here as I'm sure you understand. Our own sacred space. Virtual though it might be. I will be sad when all the correspondence ends but I hope we can stay in touch through our blogs. I'm very interested in Squam, btw. I noticed it on your blog. Maybe someday you could tell me more about it.

      Delete
  2. Jamie- you are formally invited to come over and make me dinner because that looks delicious!

    I'm sad the group is coming to a close-
    i'm sad we didn't get into as much soulwork as I would have liked.

    but I'm so happy for the connections and shared adventure.

    I completely understand and relate to the comment-writer's block. For a group of 16, it was quiet all around. But I loved that. Working in our sacred space- holding each other in silence.

    :)

    ReplyDelete