Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Oops... missed a few days

Sorry for the delay. I know what it's like to read a blog regularly and then it goes silent for a few days. No explaination, nothing. I start going through withdraw. Shaking, the whole thing (maybe it's the coffee). So here's a little taste of what's been going on around here in between all the spring cleaning. These are the bonus projects that are mentioned here where you can also check out my 2011 TDL.

Some DIY stuff... Bonus Project #1

This bird bath project I saw on The Art of Doing Stuff via Design Sponge. Here's the project link. I pretty much copied it to a tee. Right down to the ikea candle tray. 



My supplies. Ikea candle tray, three wood dows (painted), a level and a rubber mallet.


G. Daddy rigged this up so I could spray paint the legs without having to manhandle them. It's just a piece of plywood with nails coming up from the bottom. Then he gently hammered each dow down onto it. Clever!



This is the Magnolia tree that it resides under. Notice the hideous planter tray subbing as a bird bath. It's not even terra cotta... it's plastic!


I pounded each dow into the ground with the mallet, made sure they were level and....




Bird Bath!!

I even saw a bird using it yesterday!!


Bonus Project #2

The Watering Hole.
This corner of the kitchen used to be occupied by a blender, an ugly filtered water pitcher and random water glasses. It was chaos. After cleaning up under the kitchen sink and making room for that ugly pitcher I was able to do this...


A little white ceramic tray, a bud vase and a prettier glass pitcher can do wonders. Oh and the blender found a new home where the pots and pans used to live. You can read about that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment