Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Grocery Challenge.

I seem to be on a kick with these challenges.
First, The Pinterest Challenge, now...

$400 Grocery Challenge

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Beauty That Moves, and saw this.
At first glance I thought, "Wow that's a lot of money for groceries every month." 
But thinking about it, I realized I spend at least that.
There are some exceptions that she has listed. Thank god wine/beer are not included!
But we don't have pets and I'm not planning a trip to the orchard ( maybe when Iris gets older).
I plan on including any trips I make to the farmer's market in that budget.

I also discovered that if I go to the farmer's market right before it closes I walk off with a lot more bounty and a lot more money still in my pocket.


I spent some money this weekend but I have to find the receipt. 
I'll post an update once a week on what I'm spending, where and how I'm saving and how I'm making the most of what we've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment