Monday, October 3, 2011

October.

It's October.
The weather has been frighteningly rainy. Like... apocalyptic rainy.
All of our fall/winter shoes and boots were covered in green fuzzy mold.
Yuck!
It's hard to fend off the humidity when you don't have air conditioning.
But a cool crisp fall air has moved in, for now, and even though there is still more rain in the forecast, we have this...


It is our primary source of heat other than some radiant heat in the kitchen and bathroom and it burns consistently (and by consistently, I mean 24/7) throughout the fall/winter season.
So it's safe to say that things are drying out. Finally.

This is also knitting weather and, as my 2011 TDL indicates, I wanted to learn a new knitting pattern this year. I've accomplished that and we'll have to talk more about that list soon.
I taught myself to knit in the round (with the help of books and the internet) and am becoming more "pattern literate". I still have a lot to learn but I feel much more confident as a knitter now.


Currently,  I'm working on these booties. This book "Knitting For Baby" has to be one of my greatest library finds. I recommend it for anyone just learning to knit and looking to tackle more involved projects. It is soooo user friendly. There are lots of patterns that use only the knit stitch so learning the structural part of knitting isn't clouded by trying to remember when to purl, knit, yarnover and blah, blah, blah. Plus, all the pieces are small and can be completed relatively quickly.


I might need to own this one some day but for now I'll just have to renew it from the library a few times.

In other news... I'll be participating in the "under $400 grocery challenge" this month. 
You can find out more about it by clicking on the "Grocery Challenge" badge in the sidebar.
Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment