Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weekend(s) in review.


The past few weekends were pretty special. It was our first official BBQ and pool party of the season, Big Daddy G's birthday (and grandpa W's), our 5th Wedding Anniversary and our first time celebrating all of this with Iris. It was fun to bring Iris in the pool for the first time. She likes the water but it was definitely the most cautious I'd ever seen this mostly fearless baby. I swam alot when I was pregnant and she used to wriggle and flip in my belly. 

I also scored a box of impeccably cared for vintage sheets for $20 at a yard sale. This should keep me in sewing projects for years. There are already pillow case dresses in the works and pajamas are on deck. This will also keep me in step with #24 on my 2011 TDL.



A new favorite recipe was discovered by my co-conspirator and partner in crime Danielle. A green bean salad that was, seriously, out of this world. I'll share this recipe at a later date when I can tie her down to a chair and make her write it down for me.



Iris has also decided this would be the week to start full on crawling and pulling herself up on anything making me a bit of a nervous wreck. I've been cleaning the house like a maniac. Especially floors and anything from the floor to about 2 feet up. 

It's no secret that being a mother is challenging and that's putting it mildy. These milestones make me proud but also create new worries and concerns not to mention some new bumps and bruises along the way. 

I read something that really encapsulated what I feel as I travel down this long and winding road called motherhood. Here.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment