Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fashion.

I've been wanting to do a fashion post for a while but never really thought I had enough material to make it interesting.
It still might not be but I don't care.
Recently, I've had a string of good luck in consignment stores, rummage sales and even my own closet.
I think it's worthy of sharing.
If you've been following my 2011 TDL you'll know that #24  is to make more of our clothing or buy second hand.

I picked this little number up at a rummage sale. It's Laundry by Shelli Segal. Silk and cotton. $20.
I'm in the process of taking up the hem so I can wear it with tights and boots in the winter and a strappy heel or sandal in the spring/summer.

I wore the hell out of this white dress while I was pregnant. Afterwards it just seemed to long to be functional for a mommy on the go. My intention was to remove the bottom, raise the hem and reattach it. But once I removed it I realized it would be a really cute skirt. So I just hemmed the dress and bought a zipper to turn the bottom into another whole piece of clothing. Genius.




I just like this. I have a really great 
vintage (as in, I found it in the back of a cupboard in my husband's office) leather messenger bag.
But I love the canvas/leather combo of this one.

Here's mine.


This little beauty came from my favorite consigment shop, Greene Street Consignment in 
Lambertville, NJ. 
It's Kimchi & Blue. $16.
I wear it ALL the time.
Sometimes I belt it sometimes I don't.
It's sheer so I wear a little gray dress underneath, usually with tights and boots.


I also scored a pair of Paper Denim Cloth boyfriend jeans for $16.
They are not pictured because they're in the wash.
I looked on their website and they retail for $90 and up. 
Score.

I have also been making pajama pants for the nugget out of her old recieving blankets.
Way to upcycle!
More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment