Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Resolutions.

I know this resolution thing is all little behind in the times. 
But, as I said yesterday, I'm catching up...slowly.

I'm one of those people who likes making New Year Resolutions.
I'm pretty good at sticking to them too. 
Mostly, because I am realistic about it and I don't do it every year. Only when there is something I really, passionately, want to work on or change.
Six years ago I quit smoking.
It's hard for me to even imagine that I ever smoked.

This year was coffee. 
Or at least the habitual morning use of it.
I mentioned a bit about my coffee drinking here. It has the back story of why I started drinking it habitually in the first place.
You can probably guess.


Exhibit A

I only indulged in (and really enjoyed) one cup in the morning but after a while I noticed I just wasn't myself. 
I was a bit...nasty and impatient.
Thumbs down!
Two things I never want to be. Especially, while trying to be the best mama I can be.

Being sick made this transition very easy.
I didn't want coffee and I felt like crap anyway, so if I had any kind of withdrawal from it I was unaware.

So it's back to my Silver Needle White Jasmine tea.
I forgot how wonderfully fragrant it is. 
What a beautiful way to start the day!


1 comment: